Thursday 16 March 2017

"THE WORTH OF MY BREATH"

Palm leaves swaying, to God's breath,
21 pilots on my ears, I'm on auto pilot,
Still, 21 pilots and my being's crushing,
The Weeknd is too, so who's Monday?
My remains in the sea, waves rushing,
Time is eating us, like stallions on hay,
It feels good, walking down this road,
I once dragged, a blood - stained rod,
A shovel on my dusty wide shoulders,
With my shadow, nothing could hold us,
Buried lifeless and for a millionth time, 
Born life - full over again stuck in time, 
Glow in the dark and shine, in the light,
Told myself, if I lose, then, I can fight,
I fought before, I'll fight now till death,
That's what each of my breath's worth.

"The Worth Of My Breath"
Drew Poetry
~Andy Mwalasha



 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"NISAMEHE" - "FORGIVE ME"

Gone are the days that you'd rest your head on my chest and smell the scent of my ripe goosebumps, those days that I would lose count o...